The County of Santa Clara Animal Care & Control Division provides animal control field services to the unincorporated areas of Santa Clara County including Stanford Campus. Animal Care & Control Officers are dispatched from our field office in San Martin and are available 7 days a week. Weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and weekends 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Emergency services are provided after hours and on holidays. For emergency services when the office is closed, please call 911.
The County of Santa Clara County Animal Care & Control Division can assist in the following:
- Pick up confined, stray domestic animals
- Patrol for stray, roaming domestic animals
- Pick up owner surrendered domestic animals within County jurisdiction for a fee
- Investigate animal bites
- Investigate animal abuse and neglect, including domestic animals and livestock
- Investigate dangerous dog complaints
- Pick up injured, stray domestic animals
- Investigate domestic animal nuisance complaints
- Pick up deceased animals within County jurisdiction, including expressways
Please contact the field services office to report any of the above concerns.
County of Santa Clara County
Animal Care & Control Division
Field Services Office
80 W. Highland Avenue, Building K
San Martin, CA 95046
Fax (408) 683-4247
For nuisance wildlife concerns please call:
- County of Santa Clara Vector Control at (408) 918-4770 or visit their website here.
For injured or endangered wildlife please call:
- Wildlife Center of Silicon Valley at (408) 929-9453 or visit their website here.
- Wildlife Education and Rehabilitation Center at (408) 779-9372 or visit their website here.