Navigate Up
Menu + Board of Supervisors
Home > Clerk of the Board > Conflict of Interest Filings

Conflict of Interest Filings

Statement of Economic Interest


Who Must File a Statement of Economic Interest – Form 700?

Public officials and designated employees must file Statements of Economic Interest. Public officials are specified in Government Code Section 87200. They include members of the Board of Supervisors, District Attorneys, County Counsels, County Treasurers, and Chief Administrative Officers of Counties, Mayors, City Managers, City Attorneys, City Treasurers, Chief Administrative Officers and members of specified Boards and Commissions, and other public officials who manage public investments, and to candidates for any of these offices at any election. Additionally, designated employees and certain consultants who hold positions that involve making or participating in the making of decisions, which may have a material effect on financial interests also must file.

Click Here for Statement of Economic Interests (Form 700 and Instructions)


When Must the Form 700 Be Filed?

  • Annual Statements: April 1 (or the next business day if April 1 falls on a weekend).
  • Assuming, Leaving, and Initial Statements: Within 30 days of assuming or leaving office or within 30 days of the effective date of a newly adopted or amended conflict-of-interest code.



Statements may be amended at any time. You are only required to amend the schedule that needs to be revised. It is not necessary to amend the entire filed form. Obtain amendment schedules from your filing official or interactively on the Fair Political Practices Commission website.


Filing Deadlines

Statements that are mailed are considered filed on the postmark date. There is no provision for filing deadline extensions.


Helpful Resources

Fair Political Practices Commission - Statement of Economic Interests (Form 700)

Reference Pamphlet

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Limitations and Restrictions on Gifts, Honoraria, Travel, and Loans

Info for Filing Officials


For More Information Please Contact:

Fair Political Practices Commission website or call toll-free: 1-866-275-3772.

Office of the Clerk - Board of Supervisors
70 West Hedding Street
10th Floor, East Wing
San Jose, CA 95110
Phone: (408) 299-5001
Fax: (408) 938-4525