The County Counsel is the legal advisor to the County of Santa Clara. We are counselors in the fullest sense, providing service that is intelligent, trustworthy and dedicated to public service. We commit ourselves to professionalism and to understand and further the needs and goals of the Board of Supervisors and County agencies and departments. We adhere to the highest standards of ethics and confidentiality.
To accomplish our mission, we will:
- Provide responsive legal advice and client service.
- Provide creative assistance to the Board and to County officers to enable them to carry out their policy goals.
- Provide assertive representation in civil litigation and administrative hearings.
- Provide prompt and effective assistance in negotiation and drafting of contracts and other legal documents.
- Provide training and resources to enable us to achieve the goals of the Office.
Welcome to our Website
We appreciate your interest in the County Counsel's Office. The County Counsel is the chief legal advisor and representative for the County of Santa Clara, including the Board of Supervisors and County agencies and departments.
As County Counsel, I am committed to ensuring that our Office provides the highest quality legal service to all of our clients. Our clients rely on our legal advice and our ability to work with them to better serve the public. Our office does not see our role as narrow: rather we provide service that will further the purposes of the County, whether it be in the defense of matters or in affirmative litigation or in drafting legislation. I hope that the information available on this site will help you learn more about the work of our Office and the talented members of our legal staff.
Orry P. Korb