Supervisor Dave Cortese presents the Fifth Annual Day on the Bay: A Multicultural Festival on Sunday, October 12th, from 10 AM to 3 PM at the Alviso Marina County Park. Please invite your friends and family! Parking and free shuttle from the George Mayne Elementary School at 5030 North 1st Street, Alviso: http://goo.gl/maps/8W8ZK.
Held in partnership with the Santa Clara County Parks Department, Day on the Bay is a celebration that brings people together to enjoy activities, rich in diversity and talent, and abundant in ethnic expression. More than that, Day on the Bay is also an informational fair where the local community can meet non-profit, government, and community-based organizations to learn about their services. Free food will be provided to the community and Free pumpkins for the kids (while supplies last). There will also be community groups providing ethnic food booths, arts and crafts and live entertainment on two stages, as well as face painting, fire trucks, kayak trips in the Alviso Slough, girl and boy scout troops, and much more.
For information on the 2014 Day on the Bay festival or for vendor, sponsor, entertainment, or volunteer opportunities, please contact our office at 408-299-5030.
Opportunities for participation:
- Booths: Free for Governmental Agencies and nonprofits; $100 donation for businesses.
- Entertainment: Opportunities are available for youth groups, dance groups, school bands and garage bands to perform on the two stages.
- Volunteers: Need volunteer hours? Join us for crowd control, parking enforcement, food prep and much more.
- Sponsorships: Sponsorship packages are available. Click here to download a form or contact our office at 408-299-5030
- FREE Flu Shots (while supplies last)
- FREE Hamburgers (while supplies last)
- FREE Pumpkin Patch (while supplies last)
- FREE Kayak Rides
- Arts and Crafts
- Health and Resource Fair
- Live Entertainment
- Raffle items and giveaways