Be Inspired. Be a Mentor.
Make a difference in your community and connect one-on-one with a child or young adult. Our coalition offers a wide variety of mentoring opportunities. What can be more rewarding than to have a positive impact on a young person? Find out more and come to our Mentoring Celebration! Please register using the form below or call the Office of Supervisor Cortese at 408-299-5030.
FREE Mentoring Outreach Meet up & Celebration
When: Saturday, January 25, 2014, 9:00AM – 1:00PM
(Doors open at 8:45AM; Light refreshments provided)
Where: County Government Center, 70 West Hedding, San Jose
*Free Parking is available in the County employee "C" parking lot on Hedding and First Streets
Featuring Keynote Speaker Will Lopez of Homeboy Industries
Learn about MENTOR opportunities with marginalized and vulnerable children and young adults:
- Alum Rock Counseling Center, www.alumrockcc.org.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Bay Area, www.bbbsba.org.
- California Community Partners for Youth, www.ccpy.org.
- Child Advocates of Silicon Valley, www.BeMyAdvocate.org.
- Diocese of San Jose, www.dsj.org.
- Fresh Lifelines for Youth, www.flyprogram.org.
- Santa Clara County Faith Re-entry Collaborative, www.sccgov.org/sites/reentry.
- Santa Clara Valley Health & Hospital System—Department of Alcohol & Drug Services Prevention Division, www.sccgov.org/sites/hhs.
- TeenForce, www.teenforce.org.
- YouthBuild San Jose, www.sjcccharterschool.org/.
Hosted by: Santa Clara County Supervisor Dave Cortese
Sponsored By: Fundraising & Mentor Partner, Notre Dame High School of San Jose
SOUTHBAY MENTORING COALITION