Supervisor Simitian offers part-time internships for high school and college students. Responsibilities include performing general office tasks (answering phones, filing, database management, photocopying, etc.), reviewing and organizing press clips, assisting with constituent casework, conducting research, organizing public events, and other special projects.
Desirable qualifications include an interest in public policy and administration, strong verbal and written communication skills, an ability to work both independently and collaboratively, an ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment, and a positive attitude.
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis, and positions are filled as needed. To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, a brief writing sample and a one page response to the following questions (if addressed in cover letter, simply write “see cover letter”):
- Why are you applying for this internship?
- What do you expect to get out of this internship?
- What skills and knowledge will you bring to the internship?
- Which policy areas interest you?
- Tell us something fun/interesting/unique about yourself.
- What is your availability? Please include days of the week, times of day, and start and end dates.
Email intern applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, call 408-299-5050.