Navigate Up
Child Support Services
Menu +

Make Payments

Published on: 1/16/2013 4:01 PM


If you do not pay through wage withholding, you have several payment options to choose from:

  • Pay by check
    Write your participant Id* and Case Number(s) on the check and/or money order and send payments to:
    California State Disbursement Unit
    P.O. Box 989067
    West Sacramento, CA 95798

    NOTE: This address is for payments only.
  • Make a one-time credit card payment by calling 1-866-901-3212 or online. There is no charge to use this service. You do not have to register to use this service. You can use it multiple times.
    To make a payment using this method, you will need your social security number and 10-digit Participant Number*.
  • Register online to create an electronic payment account to make debit and/or credit card payments

    There is no charge to use this service. You can set-up recurring automatic withdrawals from your credit card or checking/savings accounts. You can make periodic payments from your credit card or checking/savings accounts. Once successfully registered, a PIN will be mailed to you.

    *Your 10-digit Participant Number can be found on your monthly billing statement or by calling 1-866-901-3212, Monday through Friday between the hours of 7:00 AM and 8:00 PM Pacific Time. To make recurring payments you will need to register and receive a PIN number. (The PIN number will be mailed to you.)


Payments are credited to your case(s) as of the date the payment is received at the SDU (State Disbursement Unit). If a payment intended for the current month is not received at the SDU by the last day of the month, the payment will be credited the following month and interest may accrue.

To ensure payments arrive in a timely manner, consider using alternate payment options such as recurring credit card payments or automatic withdrawal from personal savings and/or checking account. Be sure to specify and authorize recurring payments (scheduled payments on the same date each month).


You can access your account information 24 hours a day, seven days a week by calling Customer Connect at 1-866-901-3212 or online.

Customer Connect is California’s self-service Child Support information system site available 24 hours a day, where you can:

  • Review case information
  • Update account information such as address, phone number and other information
  • View payment information – payment history and account balances
  • Print Child Support forms
  • Verify court dates and appointments
  • Reset or change Customer Connect PINs

To log in you need your Participant Id* or Social Security Number and PIN. If you do not have a PIN, or have forgotten it, you can click on the Forgot PIN and a new PIN will be mailed to you.

Refer to the brochure for more information.

In certain child support cases, the law allows for a parent to pay less than his or her total child support debt owed to the government because their child received public assistance during a time that the parent did not pay the court ordered child support. This is called a compromise of arrears, COAP.


Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

Information about your case is confidential. Confidentiality and privacy laws restrict child support workers from providing information to anyone who is not a participant in a case. Your child support office can provide information to you ONLY about YOUR CASE. We cannot provide any information to you about any other individual's case nor can we provide anyone else information about your case.