The Local Oversight Program (LOP) for groundwater clean-up requires submission of all documents in electronic format. This e-government initiative is aimed at further preserving our environment and natural resources and to make document management and retrieval more effective.
- The entire document, including required perjury statement, must be submitted as a single portable document format (PDF) file with no password protection. (If you cannot create PDF format documents, please contact our office to determine if we can accommodate your document format or see “Free PDF Tools” below).
- It is preferable to receive documents that are converted to PDF format from their original format (i.e., Microsoft Word, WordPerfect, Excel etc...) rather than produced using a scanner.
- Signature pages and perjury statements MUST be included and shall have their original or electronic signature. Alternately, the paper copy of the signature page and perjury statement can be mailed separately.
- Do not password-protect the document. Once indexed and inserted into the correct electronic case file, the document will be secured in compliance with the County's current security standards. Documents with password protection will not be accepted. If you cannot comply with this requirement, you must contact your Caseworker to determine if alternative arrangements can be made.
- Each page in the PDF document should be rotated in the direction that affords the easiest legibility.
- A separate copy of the tables in the document may need to be submitted in Excel format for use by the Caseworker when requested.
- Provide separate copies of maps or drawings in PDF format when requested by the Caseworker.
1. To upload to our FTP site:
- Call 408-918-3417 to obtain a login (userID) and password.
- Open the link to our FTP Site using your web browser (Internet Explorer, Navigator, Mozilla, etc...).
- While in the browser, click on file and login using the userID and password that was provided to you.
- You will login to the FTP Site.
- Open "My Computer" and navigate to the document(s) you wish to upload to our FTP site.
- With both "My Computer" and the FTP Site open in separate windows, drag and drop the document(s) to the FTP Site window.
2. Send an Email to firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us that you have placed a document on the FTP site. Please submit one Email per site. Multiple reports for the same site are acceptable.
- Your Email should include in the subject line the following information:
- Case Name, Site Address, and SCVWD ID#.
- Copy your Caseworker on the Email. Contact information can be found under Contact Us.
- The DEH will process the submittal and post to the case file, generally within 7-14 business days. The reports are posted with the date it is received by Lustop within normal business hours. If a report is submitted after 5 pm or on a weekend, it will be stamped received the following business day.
Free PDF Tools
You can download a free PDF printer such as:
These tools will allow you to create a PDF from just about any file format.