The DOR Legal & Special Groups Unit handles collections for a variety of accounts including:
- Subrogation - Third Party Litigation matters
- Litigation - County Counsel and Small Claims Court
- Wage Garnishments on DOR Litigation Accounts
- Juvenile Formal Supervision
- Juvenile Informal Supervision
- Family Court Services
- Retiree Health Plan - County of Santa Clara Employee Services
- Registrar of Voters
- Roads and Airports
- Planning Department
- Animal Control
- Weights and Measures
- Demand requests from financial institutions
For more information on any of the above matters, please contact your Collector by cross-referencing the account holder's last name in the table below:
|A - DEAN
|DEAO - HOLL
|HOLM - LZ
|M - RIN
|RIO - Z
|Probate & Demands
Fax number is 408-287-6515.
The Department of Revenue sends out billing statements twice a month. Over 25,000 bills are mailed at each monthly cycle. Unfortunately, DOR staff cannot respond to all callers during these peak billing periods. When the telephones get busy, calls are routed to the department's voice mail system. The department's goal is that all calls be returned within two business days.
If you have been unsuccessful in reaching your account representative, call (408) 282-3200 and ask to speak with your account representative’s supervisor.