Maximize collection of accounts receivable at the least possible cost, while providing the highest quality of service that is professional, respectful, and courteous.
DOR provides agencies and departments within the County with professional collection services using collection enforcement techniques comparable to those used in the private sector. Services provided include billing and collection, explanation of client charges, negotiating payment arrangements, delinquent noticing, collection pursuit through client follow-up, small claims action and lawsuits, accounting and distribution of revenue collected to appropriate funds and entities.
- Maximize revenue collection.
- Provide timely, quality customer service. Provide assistance and information to the public that is helpful and responsive.
- Process documents timely to establish account data and to bill clients.
- Send monthly billing statements that are clear, informative and accurate to facilitate prompt payment.
- Deposit revenues in a timely manner to maximize interest earnings.
- Distribute revenues timely and consistently to provide a funding source for other services.
- Optimize use of technology to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Maintain positive relations with our business partners by frequent and open communication, mutual coordination and teamwork, responsiveness to concerns or changing needs, and constant attention to opportunities for improving and streamlining our existing processes.
- Maintain sufficient staffing of individuals who are experienced and expert in their fields, with a positive customer service ethic and awareness of the Finance Agency Vision goals and principles. Provide to them opportunities for personal and professional development and growth.