Welcome to Santa Clara County Employee Assistance Program
PLEASE NOTE: The Employee Assistance Program is only available to Santa Clara County employees and their families.
The County of Santa Clara's Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a labor-management sponsored, confidential, professional counseling service for employees and their families who want help in solving personal problems.
When people are suffering from personal problems, it is easy to lose perspective. Life may seem confused and difficult for a time. Work performance may be negatively affected. The EAP is the place to come for professional assistance in sorting out personal problems.
The program helps employees cope with family conflict, alcoholism and drug abuse, relationship problems, depression and other stress-producing problems.
Summary of EAP Services:
- Counseling: Up to five (5), free, confidential, easy-to-schedule appointments.
- Consultation: Consultation and coaching to managers, supervisors and union stewards on sensitive employee issues including how to approach a troubled employee in need of help.
- Assessment & Referral: Referral as needed to a range of community resources such as parenting classes, self-help groups, 12-steps groups, elder care services and others.
- Training: Specialized training as requested by department (e.g. Stress Management, Conflict and Communication, Balancing Work and Home). Teach CountyWise classes including, Coping with Grief And Loss, Conflict Skills, ParentCare, Write On! Writing for Fun and Health.
- Conflict Resolution Program: Structured mediation for "peer" employees whose interpersonal conflicts is a work issue.
- Critical Incident Debriefings: Provide scheduled EAP response to critical incidents.
- Lending Library: Hundreds of self-help titles available for lending to EAP clients.
EAP Office is located at:
1885 The Alameda Suite 211
San Jose, CA 95126
Please browse the EAP website for more information about EAP services. If you have any questions or wish to make an appointment pleae call EAP at (408) 241-7772. We look forward to hearing from you.