Information on this page intended for IT support
E-learning system requirement:
- Internet Explorer 7 or above
- Firefox 3 or above
- Safari 4.0.4 or above
- Java 6 update 7 or above (Update 7 and 17 has been tested to work for both sccLearn and Kronos).
- Java must be enabled on the browser.
- Adobe Flash Player 8 or above.
Common technical issues:
- The URL http://scclearn/ does not work:
- In order for the short URL "scclearn" to work, the workstation has to have either sccgov.org or co.santa-clara.ca.us in the suffix search list. Almost all County workstations do.
- Workaround: use http://scclearn.sabanow.net/Saba/Web/Main
- Cannot launch a course:
- Popup blockers may not be disabled -- Some browsers toolbars have built in pop-up blockers (Google toolbar) that needs to be disabled as well. If you would rather not disable pop-up blockers completely, here are the list of exclusions:
- Java may not be enabled in the browser -- Please ensure that the JRE is enabled for the browser. In some cases, the JRE plugin may have been disabled due to a browser update.
- Web content blocked -- Some departments have web filters, the list of IP addresses to unblock includes: