NextGen Silicon Valley
Local government agencies in Santa Clara and San Mateo counties have participated on a "Two-County Next Generation Committee". Sponsored by the City/County Managers Associations of San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties, the Committee is chartered to identify programs to address the "retirement wave" of baby-boomer managers and professionals who are exiting local government in the region.
Program Offered Each Year
- Regional Internship Program for paid or unpaid internships for university students offered by local government agencies in Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties.
- Meeting with University Career Centers Education about local government careers & opportunities.
- Job Shadow Day for University Students matches interested university students with managers in local government.
- Leadership Academies Focused on helping mid-level professionals advance in their organizations.
- Tomorrow's City/County Executive Forum Prepares future City/County Managers & Department Directors.
- Cal-ICMA Coaching Program Webinars Cal-ICMA Coaching Program provides six webinars on leadership and career development topics. These free 90-minute coaching events feature a panel of chief executives, other senior managers, and emerging leaders.
Programs Offered Once Every Two Years