The American Society of Training and Development offers many opportunities to get involved with other training and development professionals, to enhance your own skills and knowledge, and to develop your leadership skills.
The ASTD Golden Gate Chapter South Bay SIG holds meetings in Santa Clara County. See their website for more information.
The elearning Guild offers resources for e-learning professionals. The online site hosts a variety of tools, research papers, e-books, conferences and online events all aimed at helping e-learning professionals create better learning experiences.
NextGen Silicon Valley
Local government agencies in Santa Clara and San Mateo counties have participated on a "Two-County Next Generation Committee". Sponsored by the City/County Managers Associations of San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties, the Committee is chartered to identify programs to address the "retirement wave" of baby-boomer managers and professionals who are exiting local government in the region.
Program Offered Each Year
- Regional Internship Program for paid or unpaid internships for university students offered by local government agencies in Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties.
- Meeting with University Career Centers Education about local government careers & opportunities.
- Job Shadow Day for University Students matches interested university students with managers in local government.
- Leadership Academies Focused on helping mid-level professionals advance in their organizations.
- Tomorrow's City/County Executive Forum Prepares future City/County Managers & Department Directors.
- Cal-ICMA Coaching Program Webinars Cal-ICMA Coaching Program provides six webinars on leadership and career development topics. These free 90-minute coaching events feature a panel of chief executives, other senior managers, and emerging leaders.
Programs Offered Once Every Two Years