The Office of Supportive Housing is Moving!!
(Formerly the Office of Affordable Housing)
The Office will be closed on September 29th and 30th. As of October 1, 2014, our new address will be:
of Supportive Housing (OSH)
3180 Newberry Drive, Suite 150
Jose, CA 95118
Applications are currently being accepted for the County's $40,000, SCC40K Downpayment Assistance Program. A minimum of 30-days is needed for the County to process a Downpayment Loan.
WHEN TO APPLY:
- Application are submitted to the County AFTER the applicant has have made an offer on a qualified property and the offer has been accepted by the seller but before the close of escrow. A minimum of 30-days is needed for the County to process a Downpayment Loan.
STEP TO QUALIFY:
In addition to the above requirements the homebuyers must :
- Meet the Maximum Income Limit.
- Meet the Property Eligible Jurisdiction Requirement.
- Property meets the Maximum Purchase Price Limit.
- Meet the Maximum Debt to Income ratio's
- Meet other underwriting criteria listed in the Underwriting Guide and Manual below.
- Los Altos
- Los Altos Hills
- Los Gatos
- Morgan Hill
- Monte Sereno
- Saratoga, and
- Unincorporated Areas of the County - Click to search if property is unincorporated.
- (If the search results states is incorporated (San Jose). No further data will be gathered. Then the property is located in the City of San Jose and does not qualify.)
Maximum Income and Purchase Price Limits
- Maximum Purchase Price Limit : $570,000 (new or resale property)
- Maximum Income Limits:
The County uses HUD Uncapped Low Income Limits
for High Cost Areas. For HOME funded programs the County uses the
"Part 5" definition of income found at 24 CFR 5.609. The Part 5 definition
of annual income is the gross amount of income of all adult household
members that is anticipated to be received during the coming 12-month
period. Adults are defined as all household members 18 and over.
The SCC40K loan can be used for
- Down Payment Assistance
- Closing Cost Assistance
Loan Terms and Rate
- 30 year, deferred @ 3% interest for 4 years then 0% beginning in year 5
- Deferred = no payments. Loan due upon sale, cash-out refinance, or transfer of ownership.
SCC40K Downpayment Forms, Including Application and Checklist
1. SCC40K Loan Application and Checklist (June 2014)
2. SCC40K HOME Agreement June 2014
3. Part 5 Income worksheet June 2014
4. Exhibit A -2014 Income Limits SCC40K
5. Example Model Energy Code Letter.pdf (Need from Developer on Newly Constructed Units)
6. No Income Affidavit (Use when Co-borrower has no income)
7. Lead Poisoning is Preventable
8. Protect Your Family From Lead in Your
- Participating SCC40K Lender List
- Lender SCC40K Participation Agreement
- SCC40K MANUAL/UNDERWRITING GUIDELINES (June 2014)
- Example Blank SCC 40K HOME Deed of Trust
- Example Blank SCC 40K HOME Promissory Note
For More Information Please Contact:
Sr. Management Analyst
Office Of Supportive Housing
3180 Newberry Ave., #150
San Jose, CA 95118