WINTER STORMS ARE UPON US!
Steps you can take to be prepared for winter storms:
- Stay informed during hazardous weather conditions, and listen to your local radio or TV stations for watches, warnings and the latest ifnormation bulletins.
- Flood/High Wind Watch means it is possible that flooding or damaging winds will occur in a specified area. Stay away from rising waterways, such as creeks and rivers.
- Flood/High Wind Warning means flooding or damaging winds are occurring or ar imminent in a specified area. Move to safe ground and stay away from large trees and utility poles.
- Be extra alert while driving, and do not drive through flooded areas. The road may be weakened and even shallow rushing water can lift and move a car.
- Have batteries and flashlights on hand in the event of extended power outages.
- Filled and unfilled sanbags are available at more than 20 locations throughout the county. A map of locations can be downloaded at: