At budget hearing beginning Monday, the County of Santa Clara Board of Supervisors will review proposed budget recommendations for Fiscal Year 2013, which begins July 1, and by Friday, make final decisions about the funding priorities and levels for county services. After 10 years of budget deficits, County Executive Jeffrey V. Smith is recommending that the Board adopt a maintenance budget of $4.1 billion, of which the General Fund share is $2.2 billion.
Recommendations do not include reductions which may be required once the FY 2013 State budget is approved sometime in the summer, or cuts triggered at the Federal Level by provisions of the Budget Control Act, that result in automatic budget cuts.
June 11, June 12, June 13, and June 15, 2012
Board Chambers, County Government Center, 70 W. Hedding Street, San Jose
Board of Supervisors, County Executive Jeffrey V. Smith, Agency/Department Heads
BUDGET HEARING SCHEDULE
Board of Supervisors Budget Hearing
Board Chambers, 70 W. Hedding Street, San Jose
Monday, June 11, 2012 – 1:30 p.m.
- Budget Overview
- Health and Hospital: Public Health, Mental Health Custody Health Services, Drug and Alcohol Services, Community Health Services, Valley Health Plan, and Santa Clara Valley Medical Center including Health SB12 and Children’s Health Initiative
Tuesday, June 12, 2012 - 1:30 p.m.
- Finance and Government Operations: Special Programs and Reserves, Appropriations and Contingencies, Board of Supervisors, Clerk of the Board, County Executive’s Office and LAFCO, Assessor, Information Services Department, Facilities and Fleet, Capital Budget, Measure B Transportation Improvement Program, Procurement, County Counsel, Registrar of Voters, County Communications, County Library, Employee Services Agency, Finance Agency including the Controller-Treasurer Department, County Debt Service, Tax Collector’s Office, County Clerk/Recorder’s Office and the Department of Revenue
Tuesday, June 12, 2012 - 6:30 p.m.
- Children, Seniors and Families: Department of Child Support Services, In Home Supportive Services, Social Services Agency Administration, Department of Family and Children’s Services, Department of Employment & Benefits Services, Department of Aging and Adult Services
Wednesday, June 13, 2012- 1:30 p.m.
- Public Safety and Justice: Office of the District Attorney, Office of the Public Defender, Office of Pretrial Services, Criminal Justice System-wide Costs, Office of the Sheriff, Medical Examiner-Coroner, Department of Correction, Probation Department
- Housing, Land Use, Environment and Transportation: Planning and Development, Agriculture and Environmental Management, Environmental Health Department, Vector Control District, Parks and Recreation, Roads Department, Airports Department, County Fire Department, Los Altos Hills Fire District, South Santa Clara County Fire District.
Friday, June 15, 2012- 9:30 a.m.
County Executive’s FY 2013 Recommended Budget is located at www.sccgov.org under Hot Items
Media Contact: Gwendolyn Mitchell/Laurel Anderson, Office of Public Affairs, (408) 299-5119
Posted: June 8, 2012