Annual Report 2011 & 12
The County of Santa Clara is a $4.6 billion organization that provides a wide range of services to residents. Chances are that on any given day, you or someone you know use or benefits from County programs, services, or amenities.
County activities include:
• Controlling the spread of communicable disease;
• Keeping our communities safe from crime;
• Providing “safety net” services for vulnerable children and families:
• Providing health insurance for uninsured children and medical services regardless of patient insurance status;
• Maintaining County parks, roads and expressways; and
• Protecting seniors from abuse.
All of these services help to make communities in Santa Clara County great places to live. Take a look at the Annual Report for more information about the fiscal and legislative challenges confronting the County and the strategies and programs developed to meet them.