The mission of the Community Energy Program is to serve the Santa Clara County community through providing education and services that promote sustainable living practices among County residents and business owners. Energy Upgrade California Home Upgrade is a regional program administered through the Community Energy Program.
Attention Santa Clara County Home owners
Energy Upgrade California™ Home Upgrade
New Rebates Available Now
BayREN now offers new programs and rebates for single family homeowners in the Bay Area who make energy-efficient home improvements. There are 2 Home Upgrade options available.
Advanced Home Upgrade
· Choose upgrades from a menu of options
· Rebate is based on a deemed point system
· Customized based on an Energy Assessment
· Rebate is based on modeled percent of energy savings
Incentives: $1,000 - $3,000
plus $150 towards the combustion safety test
Incentives: $1,000 - $4,500,
plus $300 towards the energy assessment
Why Home Upgrade?
· Quick, lower cost option towards energy efficiency
· Already have efficient appliances and heating/cooling systems
· Don’t have any upgrades currently installed
Why Advanced Home Upgrade?
· Want a customized upgrade and Energy Assessment
· Want the most energy savings and highest incentive
· Need to replace heating/cooling system
· Already planning a home remodel
A free Home Upgrade Advisor can provide direct one-to-one assistance to help homeowners through every step of the upgrade. Homeowners can contact a Home Upgrade Advisor by calling 866-878-6008 or by submitting a brief form on the BayAreaEnergyUpgrade.org website. The site also features a list of participating contractors throughout the Bay Area.
Santa Clara based Participating Contractors are listed below. Homeowners who are ready to begin their upgrade can contact a participating contractor directly.
Call a participating contractor from this list
Santa Clara County is pleased to bring energy efficiency jobs to local contractors. Choose from one of the Santa Clara County based contractors below for your energy assessment and upgrades. Visit www.BayAreaEnergyUpgrade.org for a complete list of Participating Contactors throughout the BayREN region.
Santa Clara County Participating Contractors
|Chandler Building/ EcoProach
San Jose, CA
San Jose, CA
Valley Heating, Cooling & Electrical
San Jose, CA
Participating Contractors working in Santa Clara County
San Francisco, CA
Testing and Rating
Testers and Raters based in Santa Clara County
Elements – Zero Energy
San Jose, CA
*Energy Assessment testing only
Participating Contractors have been specifically trained for Energy Upgrade California and have met required qualifications to be part of the program. All Energy Upgrade Participating Contractors have a valid California contractor’s license, appropriate bonding, and have specified certifications and/or training for the work being performed. In addition, Participating Contractors are experts in energy efficiency and are certified by the Building Performance Institute (BPI). BPI is an independent, nonprofit organization that works with the Department of Energy and the Environmental Protection Agency to develop standards for home performance and weatherization improvements. As part of the Energy Upgrade program, BPI trains Participating Contractors in the “whole house” concept and the comprehensive “whole house” diagnostic assessments.
The Bay Area Regional Energy Network is a collaboration of public agencies representing all nine counties within the San Francisco Bay Area. BayREN draws on the experience and expertise of Bay Area local governments to design and implement effective energy savings programs. www.BayREN.org
Eligibility requirements for participating in Home Upgrade?
1. Own a single family, detached home in the 9 County BayREN region which includes Santa Clara County
2. Use a BayREN Participating Contractor
3. The homeowner must complete the home assessment and improvements between July 1, 2013 and December 31, 2014.
All property owners of existing single family homes and multi-family properties (1 to 4 units) in counties throughout California can participate if they own an eligible property serviced by a public utility such as PG&E. If you are the owner of a residential building, you do not need to reside in the home to participate in the program. Rebates and incentives vary by location.
City of Santa Clara residents are eligible for a portion of the Energy Upgrade California rebates offered by PG&E. The amount of rebates is dependent on the reduction of gas usage and determined by PG&E. Contact a participating contractor for more information.
City of Palo Alto residents are not eligible for rebates through Energy Upgrade California. These rebates are funded by the PG&E rate payers and are available to PG&E customers only. See below for links to energy efficiency programs for Palo Alto Residents.
Palo Alto Energy Efficiency Program Links
- Smart Energy Rebate Program- we offer rebates for dishwashers, clothes washers, refrigerators, smart power strips, furnaces, A/C, solar attic fans, boilers, insulation, LED light bulbs, pool pumps and water heaters.
- Residential Energy Assistance Program- this is our low income efficiency program where provide free energy upgrades to qualifying households.
- Interest Free Loan Program- contractors who are certified through EGIA can offer interest free loans on most gas efficiency measures.
- Green@Home- a free audit through Acterra
- Water Wise House Call- a free water audit
Sign up for email updates and energy-saving opportunities
For More Information Please Contact:
Natalie de Leon
County Executive’s Office
Sustainability and Energy Specialist
70 W. Hedding Street
East Wing 11th Floor
San Jose, CA 95110
Phone: (408) 299-5101 (Office)