Terms and Conditions
THIS RESERVATION DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A DEED OR A GRANT OF EASEMENT BY THE COUNTY. IT IS NOT TRANSFERABLE OR ASSIGNABLE AND MAY BE REVOKED AT THE WILL OF THE COUNTY. REVOCATION OR DENIAL BY THE COUNTY SHALL NOT BE WITHOUT CAUSE.
THIS RESERVATION SHALL NOT BECOME VALID UNTIL ALL CONDITIONS STIPULATED HEREIN ARE MET.THE APPLICANT MUST PROVIDE A MEANS OF INFORMING ALL PARTICIPANTS OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE USE. CUSTOMER IS LIMITED SOLELY TO THE PURPOSES, TIMES AND LOCATIONS AS STIPULATED WITHIN THE TERMS OF THIS RESERVATION.
***SMOKING IS PROHIBITED IN ALL COUNTY PARKS***
All fees are due and payable at the time of transaction.
There is a thirteen ($13) dollar fee assessed for any change to a reservation. This would include:
- Canceling a reservation
- Changing the date of the reservation
- Changing the arrival or departure date when the number of days is reduced
- Changing the site of the reservation
By County Ordinance, to qualify for the above stated nominal cost of $13-$21 you must request any cancellation or change for:
DAY USE PICNIC areas more than 7 days (greater than 5 business days) PRIOR to your event start date.
OVERNIGHT CAMP SITES more than 4 business days PRIOR to arrival date.
Any requests for cancel/change/transfer or any other type of transaction on your permit received less than the time allowed will result in forfeiture of all fees - No Refund Will Be Issued.
To request a change or cancellation you may call the reservation office at (408) 355-2201, fax (408) 355-2290 or mail to SCC Parks and Recreation, 298 Garden Hill Drive, Los Gatos, CA 95032 to cancel.
The reservations office is not responsible for the timeliness of the US Mail. A fax should be followed with a phone call to assure it was received. If your request for cancellation is received later than acceptable date, you will forfeit all fees.
There is a vehicle entry fee collected at most day use parks.Weddings in the Park
Weddings and/or Receptions are distinctive events at Santa Clara County Parks. Weddings/Receptions have additional procedures, paperwork, fees and include special amenities that are not available with a regular group reservation. We want your special day to be perfect! To ensure that everything runs smoothly, please call the reservations office at (408) 355-2201 to make your reservation.*PLEASE NOTE*
: Reservations at the Sequoia/Peterson Grove in Sanborn Park may be subject to music restrictions from mid-summer through September. Amplified music will have to be discontinued at 6:30 pm to accommodate performances by the Shady Shakespeare Theatre Company on Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings at the adjacent Outdoor Stage. Reservations at the Amphitheater and adjoining picnic area in Mt Madonna Park must vacate by 6:30PM on Friday and Saturday evenings during the summer months to accommodate prescheduled programs.
Agreements and Regulations
- Please review all Rules and bring all paperwork with you to the park on the day of your event.
- This Permit does not include Vehicle Entry Fee Charged at Day Use Parks.
- PLEASE NOTE: As stated/read when you made your reservation, If you have any special requests or activities planned including but not limited to i.e. jumphouse, amplified sound (where allowed), use of generator, prepaid vehicle entry tickets; you will need to contact the Reservation Office at (408)355-2201.A Reservations Agent will provide you with Addendum Applications and Approved Vendor list if needed. There is an additional fee for permitting a jumphouse or other interactive amusement device. Only one device is allowed per reservable area. All applications must be submitted to administration office NO LESS THAN 7 DAYS (more than 5 BUSINESS DAYS) PRIOR TO YOUR EVENT. We adhere to a strict NO EXCECPTIONS POLICY. If your paperwork is not received on time your request will be denied.
- Each customer may reserve a MAXIMUM of 2 (two) picnic sites or camping sites for/on any date/s. Check with the Reservations Office, as not all picnic sites are able to be reserved together.
- Responsibility of general setup and cleanup of the premises shall be the responsibility of the customer. Buildings* and grounds shall be left free of debris and other refuse pertaining to said use. Any clean-up necessary after an event will be charged to the customer at a rate of $70.00 per staff person, per hour. Clean-up includes placing all chairs and tables back into designated area after event, cleaning kitchen area, including stove and refrigerator, removing all decorations and equipment.
Please note: Glitter and mylar confetti are not allowed. Staples are not to be used on the picnic tables, wood structures or trees.
* YURTS –Please Note: YURT customers are responsible for missing or damaged items and any damage to the YURT itself. Including the key, the decking, and the outside amenities including fire ring, picnic table and food locker. Standard fees for staff hours and all materials needed for repair or replacement will be billed to Permittee. NO PETS ALLOWED IN OR AT YURT SITES 130, 132, 134. Pets are allowed in YURT 125 and 128 and must follow all general pet rules. A list of rules and check out procedures are posted in each YURT. Future reservations at any Santa Clara County Park may be denied until all fees are paid.
- All Camping Customers must check in at entrance upon arrival. For Camping the earliest Check-in on day of arrival is 3:00 pm and latest Check-out time on day of departure is 1:00 pm for all sites except YURTS which have a 12:00 pm check out.
- Every improved campsite comes with a picnic table/s and BBQ pit or fire ring. No Fires are permitted on the ground. No wood gathering is permitted. Fires in BBQ pits must be kept beneath the grate. Please allow fires in BBQ pits and rings to burn out (water will damage the grill and pit). Open fires and the use of charcoal briquettes may be restricted or prohibited due to fire danger levels during the summer season. You may wish to have an alternate method of cooking available. Camp stoves and similar devices with a controlled enclosed flame would be allowed. Please read all posted signs upon check in. Some parks may have wood bundles for purchase. Call the park prior to arrival to check if wood is currently available.
- Many camp sites have food lockers and there is a water faucet every 3-5 sites.
- Joseph D. Grant, Mt Madonna, Sanborn, Uvas Canyon and Coyote Lake campgrounds have shower facilities. These are on timers and are free.
- Parks are open from 8:00 am to sunset. The entrance gates at Grant, Sanborn and Uvas Canyon County Parks are locked at sunset. If you are camping, you must arrive before sunset. At Uvas Canyon Park, you may leave the park after sunset, however arrival and/or re-entry into the park is not possible. At Grant and Sanborn you may be able to make arrangements to enter after sunset by calling the park prior to your arrival date. Parks are closed to non-campers from sunset to 8:00 am
- Late arrivals at Coyote Lake and Mt. Madonna need to arrive before 10:00 pm (the start of quiet hours)
- Each individual family campsite is limited to no more than eight (8) people except six (6) for walk in sites at Sanborn. Individual family campsite fees include two (2) vehicles at your site (or in the parking area at Sanborn). Group sites at Mt. Madonna and Coyote each have a minimum number of cars that must be paid for at time of reservation and a maximum that is to be paid per car/per night at the park (ask reservations or check with park for current minimums). Dogs/Pets are allowed in all campgrounds. There is a maximum of 2 dogs/pets per site. Dogs/Pets must be on a leash no more than 6 feet long and under the owners control at all times and must be confined to tents or vehicles at night. **NO PETS ARE ALLOWED AT YURT SITES 130, 132, 134 INSIDE OR OUTSIDE.**
- Tent camping at Sanborn Park is for the walk-in area only. No tents are allowed in the RV area.
- RV's are permitted at Mt. Madonna, Uvas Canyon, Coyote Lake, Grant and Sanborn Parks. VEHICLE LENGTH RESTRICTIONS APPLY, please inquire. RV sites with hook-ups (water & electric) are available at Coyote Lake, Mt. Madonna and Sanborn parks. YOU MAY NOT OCCUPY AN RV SITE WITHOUT AN RV. Dump stations are included in RV site fee when available.
- Limit of stay for camping is no more than 14 days in any 45 day period with a maximum of 14 days between Memorial Day to Labor Day.
- Radios, playing of instruments and other loud noises are not permitted during quiet hours (10:00 pm to 7:00 am)
- Minors are not eligible to reserve a facility or camp overnight unless accompanied by a responsible adult. Written proof of age may be required. Groups comprised predominantly of participants under the age of eighteen (18) must be chaperoned at a ratio of one adult to ten (10) minors.
Swimming is not allowed in any Santa Clara County Park.
Weddings in the Park