You are charged a six-dollar ($8.00) non-refundable reservation fee whether or not you choose to confirm your reservation. This is the fee the County is charged by the reservations system provider. The basic group area fees are as follows:
Vehicle Entrance Fee:
There is a $6.00 per vehicle entrance fee at most parks. Pre-paid tickets are available up to two weeks prior to your event. Parks will not take a tally at the entrance station.
DATE CHANGES: Once you have made a reservation you will be charged a thirteen dollar ($13) transfer fee or at the least a new reservations fee for rescheduling your event (whichever is appropriate).
CANCELLATION POLICY: Reservations may be cancelled or transferred with partial refund (minus the $8 non-refundable reservation fee and a $13 cancellation/transfer fee) up to seven (7) work days prior to the scheduled event.
Reservations cancelled within seven (7) days of the event are subject to forfeiture of all fees. This includes Special Event Fees. Consideration for a partial refund may be made on an individual basis upon receiving a request in writing. Cancellations due to weather will be refunded (except for the non-refundable reservation fee), transferred or rescheduled at no charge.
REHEARSALS: Group areas may be used for wedding rehearsals Monday through Thursday at no charge (holidays excluded). Rehearsals scheduled on any holiday or on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday will be charged the regular group area reservation fee. The appropriate reservation fee will also be charged for a rehearsal lunch/dinner held at any group picnic site regardless of the day of the week.
WRITTEN DESCRIPTION OF YOUR EVENT: Your Special Event Permit requires a written description of your event. In regards to weddings and receptions, we are looking for a basic time line of what is going to happen when for set-up, ceremony, reception, music, conclusion and clean-up.
INSURANCE/DEPOSITS: Not required for most weddings and receptions.
PHOTOGRAPHY PERMITS: The Photography Permit is included in the Special Event Permit at no additional charge. Still photography or videotaping is permitted. No additional forms are required.
MUSIC: Amplified sound (tape/CD player, DJ) is allowed at specific sites in most parks. Live amplified music (band) is allowed at the Sequoia/Peterson Grove at Sanborn Park only. Acoustic (non-amplified) music is allowed at all sites within the parks.
ADDITIONAL REQUESTS: Any additional requests must be made at least two (2) weeks prior to your event.
DECORATIONS: Decorations may be used but are not to be stapled, nailed or glued to park property. Decorations should be tied, taped, stapled to itself or free standing. Candles (open flames) are generally not allowed due to the fire hazard. Candles as part of the wedding ceremony may be allowed by individual request with Senior Park Ranger approval.
FIRE RESTRICTIONS: Open fires and the use of charcoal briquettes may be restricted or prohibited due to hot, dry weather conditions that occasionally occur during the summer season. The California Division of Forestry may initiate such restrictions (known as a Red Flag Alert). The criteria for such an alert are checked daily. If your reception includes the use of a BBQ, you may wish to have an alternate method of cooking available. Camp stoves and similar devices with a controlled enclosed flame would be allowed. These restrictions do not apply to parks that have irrigated lawn areas such as Vasona, Los Gatos Creek, Hellyer and Ed Levin.
PRE-PAID ENTRANCE TICKETS: Parks will not take a tally at the entrance station. You may purchase pre-paid tickets up to two weeks in advance of your event. The tickets are non-refundable and good only for your event at the particular park. The cost is $6.00 per ticket plus a $10.00 processing fee for the entire batch of tickets you order. You may order up to one half of a sites carrying capacity for the total number of pre-paid tickets. You must have some method for getting the tickets to your guests before they arrive at the park (mail to RSVP list) or a group representative may hand out tickets at the entrance station. Contact a reservation representative to place your order.
[ ] Group Picnic Area Reservation: Reservation No. _____
[ ] Total Fees: ________________
[ ] Outline of your wedding/reception to Sr. Park Ranger
[ ] Diagram of set-up (if applicable) to Sr. Park Ranger
[ ] Reserve rehearsal date (if required)
[ ] Contact Sr. Park Ranger one (1) month prior to go over logistics.
[ ] Amplified Music where allowed (circle one): Live Band (Sanborn only) DJ Portable Stereo
[ ] Pre-paid tickets
[ ] Caterer: ________________________________
Please Note: Weddings and Receptions at the Sequoia/Peterson Grove in Sanborn Park may be subject to music restrictions from the second week in August through the third week in September. Amplified music will have to be discontinued at 6:30 pm to accommodate performances by the Shady Shakespeare Theatre Company on Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings at the adjacent Outdoor Stage. Please contact the Park Use Coordinator (408-355-2201) if you have any questions.
- Please review all Rules and bring all paperwork with you to the park on the day of your event.
- This Permit does not include Vehicle Entry Fee Charged at the Park.
- PLEASE NOTE: As stated/read when you made your reservation, if you have any special requests or activities planned including but not limited to i.e. jumphouse, dunk tank, amplified sound (where allowed), use of generator, prepaid vehicle entry tickets; you will need to contact the Reservation Office at (408) 355-2201. A Reservations Agent will provide you with Addendum Applications and Approved Vendor list if needed.All applications must be submitted to administration office NO LESS THAN 7 DAYS (5 BUSINESS DAYS) PRIOR TO YOUR EVENT. We adhere to a strict NO EXCEPTIONS POLICY. If your paperwork is not received on time your request will be denied.
- Each customer may reserve a MAXIMUM of 2 (two) picnic sites or camping sites for/on any date/s. Check with the Reservations Office, as not all picnic sites are able to be reserved together.
- Responsibility of general setup and cleanup of the premises shall be the responsibility of the customer. Buildings* and grounds shall be left free of debris and other refuse pertaining to said use. Any clean-up necessary after an event will be charged to the customer at a rate of $70.00 per staff person, per hour. Clean-up includes placing all chairs and tables back into designated area after event, cleaning kitchen area, including stove and refrigerator, removing all decorations and equipment. (Staples are not allowed on the picnic tables and wood structures.)