On November 19, 2002, the County Board of Supervisors unanimously approved the Los Gatos Creek Master Plan . Prior to the Board’s decision, the Campbell City Council and the County Parks and Recreation Commission endorsed the Master Plan. The combined action of the Board and City allows the Parks and Recreation Department to complete the final step in this two-and-one-half year planning process and start implementation of the Master Plan.
Click here to view/download final approved document for the Master Plan (November 19, 2002)
Since the approval of the Master Plan by the Santa Clara County Board of Supervisors on November 19, 2002, the Department of Parks and Recreation has moved forward identifying and making improvements to the park as identified in the Master Plan.
- In the summer of 2005 upgrades to the park water system were completed.
- The City of Campbell and Santa Clara County Department of Parks and Recreation (Parks) signed an agreement allowing the City to construct an off-leash dog park at Los Gatos Creek County Park. Located between the fly-casting ponds and San Tomas Expressway in Los Gatos Creek County Park, creation of the dog park has been an exciting project. To learn more about the dog park construction visit the City of Campbell's website at www.ci.campbell.ca.us and click on "what's new".
- The City and Parks held three public workshops to design key elements of the new off-leash dog park for Los Gatos Creek County Park. Architect Mark Sandoval volunteered his design skills to incorporate the great ideas generated by participants.
- In July of 2005 the City chose a contractor to build the dog park
- Construction began in October 2005 - "First there was dirt"....."Lots of Dirt".... But soon the dog park began to appear....... and now is complete.
The off-leash dog park will be open for the enjoyment of owners and most importantly, their dogs on December 4, 2005.