Healthy Trails is a FREE fitness challenge providing a fun and adventurous way to exercise, get fit and to connect with nature as you explore miles and miles of spectacular Santa Clara County park trails. Healthy Trails 3rd Edition provides new trails, more guided hikes, health tips and better access for individuals with disabilities. The whole family can participate!
How does the Healthy Trails Challenge work?
- First, you must become a registered participant. Everyone can sign up: children, adults of all ages, those in wheelchairs, organized groups and companies, school classrooms and more! Over 10,000 people of all ages have already joined.
- Choose at least 5 of 22 Santa Clara County Parks Healthy Trails featured in the Healthy Trails Guidebook. (You'll receive the printed guidebook when you register.)
- Select trails according to your ability and interest - from easy to moderate to strenuous.
- Then walk, ride, run or roll the 5 different trails.
- Next, fill out and submit the Healthy Trails Log and Evaluation to the County Parks Department. It is located on page 55 of guidebook.
- To register for Healthy Trails 3rd Edition Click here.
- Gifts await you! You'll receive a gift just for signing up and a gift for successfully completing the trails challenge. However, the best gifts are the endless benefits you'll receive from feeling better, becoming more physically fit and having explored and enjoyed miles and miles of awesome regional trails.
- Keep it going! Once you finish your first five trails, you can start right in on your second five. Those who finish five more additional trails and submit a second log and evaluation will also receive a gift. Re-registration is required, phone only 408-355-2268.
Special thanks to our Healthy Trails Partners, Kaiser Permanente San Jose
“We support the Healthy Trails Challenge because it helps break the trend of the sedentary indoor lifestyle, and helps combat the epidemic of childhood and adult obesity that has swept the nation.”