Chesbro and Uvas Reservoirs are closed to all boating.
Welcome to Uvas Reservoir. This beautiful and scenic 626 acre park and reservoir is nestled below the Santa Cruz Mountains, just minutes from Morgan Hill and Gilroy. Uvas Reservoir Address:14200 Uvas Rd.Morgan Hill, CA 95037The Uvas Reservoir
is located in the foothills below the Santa Cruz Mountains west of the City of Morgan Hill. The reservoir and park are accessible from U.S. Highway 101 or 85 via the scenic Uvas Road. Take the Bernal Road exit from U.S. 101 or 85 and proceed west about 0.2 miles to Monterey Highway south. Take Monterey Highway south 3.4 miles to Bailey Road. Turn right and follow Bailey Road 2.8 miles west over a ridge to McKean Road. Turn left on to McKean/Uvas Road (McKean Road becomes Uvas Road 2.2 miles south of Bailey Road) and travel south 10.1 miles to the Uvas Reservoir parking and boat launch area.
From south Santa Clara County, take the Tennant Avenue exit off U.S. 101 between Morgan Hill and Gilroy. Proceed west one mile to Monterey Highway. Turn left on to Monterey Highway and travel south 0.4 miles to Watsonville Road. Turn right on to Watsonville Road and travel 3 miles to Uvas Road. Turn right on to Uvas Road. Follow Uvas Road 2.4 miles past the Uvas Dam to the Uvas Reservoir parking lot.Activities
Activities at the park center around the reservoir. Picnic facilities are limited and are located at the parking area. Hours and Fees
The park is open year round from 8:00 a.m. until sunset. Accessibility
In compliance with the requirements of Title II of the
Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (‘ADA”), the Santa Clara County
Parks and Recreation Department will not discriminate against qualified
individuals with disabilities on the basis of disability in its programs,
services, or activities. The Department will make reasonable
modifications to policies and programs to ensure that people with disability
have an equal opportunity to enjoy our programs, services, facilities, and
activities. If you need assistance with an ADA request, please
contact our ADA Coordinator at ADACoordinator@prk.sccgov.org.
About Uvas Reservoir
The Uvas Reservoir area was frequented by the Mutsun Ohlone Indians for thousands of years before the arrival of the Europeans. Today's reservoir was once part of the 11,093 acre Rancho Las Uvas (meaning "Ranch of the grapes"), granted by Mexican Governor Alvarado to Lorenzo Pineda in 1842. The land later became patented under the American courts to Martin Murphy, an early pioneer of Morgan Hill and Gilroy. The lush valley was used for agriculture including plums. At the turn of the century a woman named Minnie Kell, or "Ma Kell", ran a campground in the Uvas Creek Valley, featuring a swimming hole, baseball diamond and dance floor. The construction of Uvas Dam and Reservoir in 1957 was part of a countywide effort by water officials to ensure adequate water supplies for the valley's growing population. Water from the reservoir is used to recharge supplies in underground aquifers, which will later be pumped from wells for residential, agricultural, and industrial uses. In 1960, the County Parks and Recreation Department began recreational operation of the reservoir.