Probation Department - Our Goals
Last modified: 3/5/2012 12:11 PM
Santa Clara County
- Develop, implement, and evaluate programs in collaboration with community and criminal justice agencies to help reduce crime and prevent repeat offenders.
- Provide support to the courts through case investigation and supervision.
- Assure juvenile offenders are afforded educational rights and appropriate services including special education.
- Provide community protection by holding offenders accountable through comprehensive assessment and treatment, appropriate level of supervision and sanctions, and compliance with Court orders.
- Promote developmental assets, including social and vocational skills, through appropriate rehabilitation and community-based programs.
- Support victims and the community through a continuum of services that assists in the restoration of losses, including payment of restitution and completion of community service.
- Provide safe custodial care for adult and juvenile offenders while emphasizing accountability and social responsibility.
- Deliver services in a responsible manner with integrity, professionalism, and with respect for the rights, diversity, and dignity of individuals and the community.