Obtaining a Death Certificate On-line
Last modified: 12/31/2013 11:55 PM
- Review the information on death certificate availability.
- Make sure you have the required information available before placing your order.
- On-line ordering service is available through a third-party website, VitalChek. VitalChek will collect the required request and payment information and charge your credit card. Then the order will be submitted to the Clerk-Recorder's Office where we will process it and send it out.
NOTE that VitalChek charges a convenience fee of $7.00 per order in addition to the $21.00 fee per certificate copy.
- If you are ordering a certified copy, download an authorization form, get it completed and notarized, and fax it to the Clerk-Recorders Office as directed on the VitalChek site.
Allow 5 days processing time, not counting delivery time. Expedited delivery options are explained on the VitalChek site.
- Full name as stated on the certificate
- Place of death (City, County)
- Date of death
- Number of copies desired
- Requestor's full name, address, and phone number
- Relationship to the certificate holder