Obtaining a Marriage Certificate by Mail
Last modified: 1/3/2014 10:44 AM
Download, print and read the order form below (see Attachments). Be sure to read all instructions on page 4. (If you are unable to download the form, please call 408-299-5688 and we will mail or fax you a form).
If you qualify as an authorized person
, you will need to fully complete the form, sign the sworn statement, and have the Certificate of Acknowledgement notarized.
- Enclose the following items in an envelope:
- The completed, signed notarized form
- A check or money order made payable to Clerk-Recorder for $15.00 for each marriage certificate
- A self-addressed, stamped envelope (for return by regular mail)
- A pre-addressed, pre-paid airbill for Express Mail, FedEx, or UPS (for expedited return)
- Mail envelope to:
Santa Clara County Clerk-Recorder
East Wing, First floor
70 West Hedding Street
San Jose CA 95110
- Allow 15 to 20 workdays processing time.