How to Vote Your Ballot:
- Complete the arrow next to your choice.
- Use one thin line to connect the arrow.
- USE BLACK or BLUE color ink only!
- DO NOT sign or initial your official ballot.
- DO NOT use circles or Xs.
- DO NOT use permanent markers.
- DO NOT vote for more candidates than the number indicated for each contest.
- Write-In Voting: Print the name of a qualified write-in candidate in the BLANK SPACE, then complete the arrow next to the write-in name.
If you make a mistake and need a new ballot, call (408) 299-VOTE  or toll free (866) 430-VOTE .
How to Complete Your Return Envelope:
- Detach the top numbered stub from the ballot card.
- Refold the ballot and place it into the return envelope.
- Sign your name by the red "X", print your address and the date on the back of the return envelope.
- If you are unable to sign your name on the return envelope:
- Personally make an "X" or distinguishing mark by the red "X" on the return envelope.
- Have someone print your name on the return envelope and sign as a witness.
If your signature is missing or does not match your voter registration card, your ballot cannot be counted.