Any registered voter can Vote by Mail!
How to request a Vote by Mail ballot:
2. Request must be received at least 7 days before the election (postmarks not accepted)
3. Return your request by mail or fax:
Registrar of Voters
Vote By Mail Division
P.O. Box 611750
San Jose, CA 95161
Fax: (408) 293-6002
Other Ways to Vote by Mail:
- Request Permanent Vote By Mail status and automatically receive a ballot every election.
- Ballots can be obtained in person during Early Voting at the Office of the Registrar of Voters.
- Military and Overseas voters can apply for special absentee status at www.fvap.gov.
As required by law, the Santa Clara County Registrar of Voters provides voting materials in the following languages: English, Spanish, Vietnamese, Chinese and Tagalog.
To reach our bilingual staff for assistance, please call:
Spanish: (408) 282-3095
Vietnamese: (408) 282-3097
Chinese: (408) 282-3086
Tagalog: (408) 535-3916
Or call: (408) 299-VOTE  or, toll free: (866) 430-VOTE