The Santa Clara County Student Election Officer Program provides High School students with the opportunity to serve their community, experience democracy first hand and earn up to $130.00 or community service credits. Student Election Officers are required to attend a training class, and work on Election Day as an official member of a Precinct Board to assist voters and setup and close the polling place. The Student Program fosters understanding of the importance of voting and helps to establish the foundation for a lifetime of civic involvement and responsibility.
To qualify a student must:
- Be a U.S. citizen on Election Day
- Be at least 16 years old on Election Day
- Have a GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Obtain written permission from parent/guardian if under 18 years of age
- Obtain written permission from school
- Agree to complete Election Officer training
- Agree to work on Election Day
How do I apply?
How do I prepare for my Election Day assignment?
What duties will I be expected to perform on Election Day?
Student conduct guidelines
What happens after Election Day
About the Student Program
November 5, 2013 Student Program downloads:
Principal Appointment Form.pdf