December 1st is World AIDS Day Silicon Valley. Please join us for a celebration of HIV/ AIDS victories, such as increased access to treatment, prevention services and creative efforts from youth. There will also be remarks by community leaders, reflections of those impacted by the HIV/ AIDS epidemic and a call to action.
Where: Santa Clara University, Locatelli Center
When: Saturday, December 1st from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
This event is sponsored by the Santa Clara Valley Medical Center's Partners in AIDS Care and Education (PACE) Clinic and the Valley Medical Center Foundation, and includes:
- Radio DJ St. John from 99.7 FM (KMVQ-FM, "99-7 Now")
- Father Michael Zampelli, SJ
- Fred Ferrer, The Health Trust
- HIV/ AIDS awareness poster and video contest awards
- Live music and delicious food
- Free HIV testing from the Santa Clara County Public Health Dept
For more information, visit www.facebook.com/WorldAidsDaySiliconValley, email Laura.Kazanovicz@hhs.sccgov.org or download the event flyer. We hope you can join us!