April is STD Awareness Month and Santa Clara County Public Health Department’s STD/HIV Prevention and Control is looking for youth to produce unique videos to inform teens about STDs and to encourage testing.
Who can enter:
- The Contest is open to 13-19 year olds attending high school in Santa Clara County.
- Entries will be accepted from teams of students (up to 5 per team) that have a faculty advisor.
- Post video on YouTube and submit all forms and a DVD by Wednesday, May 21, 2014 at 5 PM.
What you can win:
- iPad Mini for each student team member (up to 5)
- $2000 for Faculty Advisor (reinvesting into school)
How to Enter:
- Get a faculty advisor (each team requires one)
- Read and comply with the contest’s Official Rules (see below)
- Sign all Consent Forms and return them to your faculty advisor
- Create an original Get Yourself Tested (GYT) themed video (no more than 3 minutes long) targeted towards teens
- Post the video on YouTube using your own YouTube channel
- Submit the packet containing the team’s Entry Form, Consent Forms, and a DVD copy of the video submission by the deadline
Visit us at www.facebook.com/scc.preventionmatters
For more information, faculty advisors may contact: STD & HIV Prevention and Control at HIVPrevention@phd.sccgov.org with the subject: The Viral Video Contest