Based on results from a phone survey conducted by The Field Poll in 2011, almost half of California’s voters consider unhealthy eating habits or a lack of physical activity to be the greatest health risk facing California kids today.
Findings from the annual Field-TCE Childhood Obesity Prevention Survey revealed:
- Growing concern about lack of physical activity among California kids
- Unhealthy eating habits remain the top health risk to kids
- Obesity prevention requires involvement of the community
- Where a child is raised seen as having a big impact on health
- Potential revenue sources for obesity prevention efforts
For more information: