The Breastfeeding Promotion Project was created to provide resources, support, education, and training to promote breastfeeding in Santa Clara County and decrease the rate of childhood obesity. It operates through a collaboration of agencies and community partners to promote maternal and infant health through breastfeeding.
- Promote the Breastfeeding Support Line (408) 885-5950 which provides telephone assistance and referrals in English, Spanish, and Vietnamese
- Develop and distribute breastfeeding materials as well as provide referrals
- Coordinate the Breastfeeding Task Force of Santa Clara County
- Coordinate breastfeeding trainings and presentations
- Educate community and businesses on breastfeeding laws and polices
- Provide peer counseling services for families
Breastfeeding Laws and Policies
August is Breastfeeding Awareness Month!
Santa Clara Valley Health & Hospital System Lactation Accommodation Policy
For more information about the Breastfeeding Promotion Project, learn about local resources, and how to get involved, please contact:
Center for Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention (CDIP)
1400 Moorpark Avenue, Suite 120 B
San Jose, CA 95126
Phone: (408) 793-2700
Fax: (408) 793-2731