Navigate Up
Menu +
Home > Home (English) > For Residents > Get Birth and Death Certificates

Correcting or Amending Certificates

Updated July 15, 2014
The California State Office of Vital Records (OVR) has published a variety of informative pamphlets that describe different amendment options in detail—from correcting a minor spelling error to adding a father to the birth certificate. Not sure which form you need? Try looking on our Frequently Asked Questions page, or call us at 1-408-885-2010 for more information.
Original forms must be used and submitted to the state. Forms can be obtained from our office, a local registrar office in another county, any County Recorder’s office, or ordered online from the California State OVR Forms page.
Pamphlet Type
Contact Us
Vital Records and Registration
976 Lenzen Avenue, Ste. 1300
San Jose, 95126
Phone: 1.408.885.2010 
Fax:    1.408.885.4899 
Hours: Monday-Friday 9am-4pm
Closed: Saturday, Sunday, Holidays
    * This web page is best viewed using Internet Explorer or Google Chrome.

    Contact County Disclaimer

    Our mission is to prevent disease and injury and create environments that promote and protect the community's health.