Updated January 2, 2013
Internship & Volunteer Job Announcement
The Santa Clara County Public Health Department, BANPAC Program in the Center for Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention (CDIP) is looking for a public health graduate Volunteer/Intern for March-September 2013 to participate in evaluating organizational policy and practice changes and community education. If you are interested in such an opportunity, please submit your resume and application to email@example.com.
Job Title: Graduate Public Health Intern
Program: Bay Area Nutrition and Physical Activity Collaborative (BANPAC)
Posted Date: December 11, 2012
Type: 1-2 days/week
Number of Openings: 1-2
Location: 1400 Parkmoor Avenue, Suite 120B
Compensation: Volunteer/unpaid internship
Position Description: Assist with evaluation planning and manage quantitative and qualitative data collection for regional program to decrease consumption of sugary beverages.
Primary Responsibilities: Evaluation planning and management, data collection via interviews and online database, and training support.
1. Help finalize evaluation and data collection plan for Rethink Your Drink and Pledge the Practice! Pass the Policy!
2. Manage data collection for Sugar Savvy training workshops, Rethink Your Drink Campaign activities, and Pledge the Practice! Pass the Policy!! Organizational Change initiative.
a. Follow up with county liaisons and training leads for tracking data.
b. Assist community organizations to complete Beverage Availability Surveys
c. Review, clean, and analyze data from online spreadsheet.
d. Draft evaluation summaries.
e. Conduct interviews of partner agency representatives in person and by telephone and summarize response data.
3. Assist CDIP staff with professional workshops, outreach events in community locations, and evaluation tasks
4. Assist with conference/training logistics
5. Other duties as assigned
• Basic understanding of evaluation methods
• Excellent organizational skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work well with a variety of people
• Interest in obesity prevention
• Strong work ethic
• If you have access to a car, mileage can be reimbursed
The Santa Clara County Public Health Department works to keep all county residents safe and healthy and create environments that contribute to good health. We believe great things start with good health and are focused on protecting and improving the health of everyone who lives and works in Santa Clara County.
Closing Date: January 27, 2013
Desired Starting Date: Flexible: February or March, 2013