Public health careers offer something for everyone: Epidemiology and biostatistics involve mathematics and modeling. Environmental health includes a wide range of science skills. Health administration incorporates business and management skills. Health education involves skills required to develop community-wide prevention programs. Health policy includes an understanding of law-making processes.
There has never been a more exciting time to pursue a career in public health. And our Internship Program is the perfect way to see if Public Health is right for you!
The goal of the Santa Clara County Public Health Department Internship Program is to provide a high quality training experience for undergraduate, graduate, and post-graduate students. Students will have an opportunity to develop academic, career, and personal growth. Our program is guided by two core principles:
Strengthening the public health workforce through a focused effort to reach out to students in the field of Public Health.
Providing service to the Department and the Santa Clara County community
- Be eligible to work in the United States.
- Be enrolled in an accredited institution/school or have graduated within the last six months.
- Have at least a 2.5 overall GPA.
- Students may only apply to positions for which we are currently recruiting (see "Current Opportunities" below).
- Students may be part-time or full-time.
- Students may be volunteers, unpaid, or paid interns.
- For open opportunities, please fill out this application:
Intern and Volunteer Application Form and submit with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If a match is made, you'll be asked to submit a County application and other paperwork, and to complete a physical examination.
- If there is no immediate match, we'll keep your internship application and resume on-file for a period of four months and advise you of opportunities that may become available during that time.
- Attention Nursing Students! Please see our Nursing Internship Policy for preceptorship placement guidance.