CIVIL PROCESS / SERVICES & FEES
The Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office Civil / Fugitive Warrant Division is located on the second floor of the Sheriff's Headquarters Building, located at 55 West Younger Ave., San Jose CA 95110-1722. Division office hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
For the entire fee schedule, please click here.
Division personnel can be reached by telephone at (408) 808-4800. Fax (408) 998-0636.
The Civil Division serves the following types of levies:
The following fee deposit is required prior to the Sheriff's Office performing a levy:
- Evictions $125.00
- Automobile levies $1,300.00 for a car
- $2,000.00 for large truck
- Writs of Possession, Claim & Delivery $85.00 plus additional for storage/moving
- 8-hour Keepers - $225.00
- 48-hour Keepers - $1,205.00
- Domestic Violence Restraining Orders - No Fee
- Writ of Execution or Writ of Sale $1,000.00 per parcel
- Writ of Attachment $200.00 per parcel
- Civil Bench Warrants $50.00
All other levies will have to be performed by a registered process server. They can be located in the yellow pages under Process Serving.