The appointing authority will provide the appropriate form(s) or information and explain the process.
Some of the important things to remember when appearing for fingerprints are:
- Make an appointment for prompt service – use the convenient APPLICANT WEBSITE to secure your personal appointment. Please be prompt. If you are late you will have to reschedule or WAIT for the next available opening. Walk-in applicants are not recommended and must wait for an available opening.
- Those customers requiring fingerprint CARDS, must make an appointment by phone at one of the following LOCATIONS.
- Those customers who do not have access to the internet may make an appointment by phone at one of the following LOCATIONS.
- For convenience some employers use the APPLICANT WEBSITE to make an appointment for you.
- Missed appointments may be assessed a fee equal to the local fee charged for each applicant.
- Bring the authorized "Request for live scan service - applicant submission" form or APPLICANT WEBSITE printouts-- Each form requires a separate printing and appointment. Additional fees may apply.
- No children, please. Applicants need to make arrangements for child care prior to being fingerprinted.
- Valid photographic I.D. MUST be presented at time of service:
Acceptable forms of I.D. are:
1) Driver's License.
2) California Identification Card.
3) Military I.D.
A second I.D. of any type should also be brought.
Extremely long or curved fingernails may prevent the fingers from properly contacting the printing platen and may need trimming.
- Bandaged or injured fingers:
Applicant may need to reschedule their appointment until the injured or bandaged finger can be fingerprinted.
- Free parking is available.
- The service is provided during hours specified at the site LOCATIONS. If necessary, hours of service may be expanded in the future for better service.
- There will be a $20.00 local fingerprint fee for each job application, unless otherwise informed by employer. Applicants or volunteers with nonprofit organizations will be charged a $10.00 local fingerprinting fee. The fees are subject to change without notice. Department of Justice and FBI fees may be collected by the Sheriff's Office or the appointing authority as necessary. This fee(s) is/are in addition to the $20.00 printing fee.
Acceptable forms of payment:
1) Travelers checks
2) Cashiers checks or Money orders
3) Cash (exact amount)
4) Agency billing account number
NO CREDIT CARDS - PLEASE.
10. All prints are taken electronically and transmitted -- NO hard copy will be supplied, unless required by the type of employment. Additional fees may apply.
The Sheriff's Department hopes this information has been useful.