With a completely different look, this patch was worn from the 1950's to 1960. The patch was shaped with a half moon top, met with 45 degree angles from the straight edge bottom. The background is green twill, with a gold twill boarder. The words "SANTA CLARA COUNTY" is embroidered in gold along the top arc of the patch. A six point gold embroidered star is in the center, with "SHERIFF'S RESERVE" below.