A run of only 100 of these patches was made. They were first introduced in October of 1958. The patch is a shield shape, with a green twill background and gold twill boarder. "SHERIFF'S" is embroidered along the top, with "AERO SQUADRON" in gold, on a silver ribbon. Below that is a pair of gold flight wings, with a silver, seven point star, centered on the wings. Along the bottom is "SANTA CLARA COUNTY".