NEW SISTER COUNTY COMMISSION RESPONSIBILITIES
The local Committee should have a clear understanding of responsibilities of Sister County Commissions, which would include, but are not limited to the following:
- Implement cultural, educational, technological, and economic exchange programs that are consistent with the goals and objectives of the County of Santa Clara Sister County program.
- Raise the necessary funds, beyond any County funds, to support Sister County/programs and activities, including expenses related to visiting delegations and dignitaries.
- Elect officers to ensure the smooth conduct of business.
- Meet the qualifications of outlined in the bylaws and the enabling ordinance, including attendance requirements.
- Coordinate with the Sister County from abroad to secure and provide to the County of Santa Clara, a large artifact or indigenous art for public display representative of the Sister County.