Santa Clara County is recruiting foster adoptive/resource families to provide a stable and supportive home for a child in need. Licensed foster adoptive/resource families have access to a wide range of support services including:
Compensation - Foster/Resource Parents are reimbursed for the child's basic needs.
Respite - This is a service for the Foster/Resource Parents who may need a short-term placement for up to 72 hours for various reasons: family emergencies, work related issues or problems within the home. Respite care is provided annually up to 200 hours.
Training - Foster/Resource Parents will have 27 hours of training not including the required CPR, First Aid, before the placement of children in their home. In-service trainings are offered to help the foster adoptive/resource families meet the needs of the children placed in the home. A few examples of training are crisis intervention, substance abuse issues and stages of development, behavior and positive discipline.
Training provided by West Valley/Evergreen Community Colleges.
Other services/resources include
- Santa Clara County Foster and Adoptive Parent Association( SCCFAPA)
- Resource Family Support Team
- Relative Family Support Team
- Advocacy and support services
- Support Groups
- Mentor program services
- Child care for working parents
- Ongoing workshops and speakers
- Holiday gifts and events for the children in their care
- Multi-lingual support and services-Spanish, Vietnamese, and English