What’s a vector?
A vector can be a mosquito, a rat, a flea, a tick, any animal or insect that can transmit disease or cause harm to humans.
What exactly is Vector Control?
The Santa Clara County Vector Control District is a County public health program that controls and monitors disease-carrying insects such as mosquitoes and ticks, and other harmful pests such as yellow jackets and rats. Primary services include:
- Detection of the presence/prevalence of vector borne disease through planned tests, surveys, and sampling
- Inspection and treatment of known mosquito and rodent sources
- Response to customer initiated service requests for identification, advisory, and/or control measures for mosquitoes, rodents, wildlife, and miscellaneous invertebrates (ticks, yellow jackets, cockroaches, fleas, etc.)
- Promotion of public awareness through outreach and educational services
Our programs and services are provided free of charge to all residents of the Santa Clara County.
- Mosquito Inspection and Control
- Free delivery of mosquito fish
- Inspection & Advice for Rats and Mice
- Insect Identification
- Wildlife Advice and Inspection
- Community Education