To refer a parent to the Parenting without Violence program, the social worker:
- Completes the DFCS Request - Parent Education - SCC Contracted Services (SCZ 414Z).
- On the form in the "Class Type" drop down menu, choose "16 Week Parenting without Violence."
- Has the parent sign the SCZ 414Z, authorizing the exchange of information between the Parenting without Violence staff and the DFCS social worker.
- Sends the SCZ 414Z to the DFCS Parent Education Program by:
- Email: ParentEducation@ssa.sccgov.org
- Fax: (408) 793-8810
- Pony: 591 N. King Road, SJ 9513, 3 Attn: Parent Education Coordinator
- Files the original referral in the case file.
After receiving the referral, the parent education clerk:
- Mails to the parent an enrollment report that includes the location, date and time of class.
- Sends a copy of the enrollment report to the social worker.
After the class starts, the clerk:
- Sends the social worker reports concerning attendance, compliance, assessment of progress, termination and completion.