Deaf and Hard of Hearing Program
Organization: Family and Children's Services
Program: Deaf and Hard of Hearing Program
950 West Julian Street
San Jose, CA 95008
Phone: TTY: (408) 292-2777
Voice: (408) 292-9353
Videophone: (408) 292-7015
Fax: (408) 287-3104
Business hours: Mon.- Thurs.- 8 am. - 8 pm.; Fri.- 8 am. -6:30 pm.
Contact: Evette Ybarra
Description of services:
- Case management
- Counseling for individuals and families
- HIV/AIDS Counseling
- Independent Living Program - emancipating adolescents
- Gay/Lesbian Services
- Southeast Asisan program
- Psychiatric medication monitoring
- School-based abuse prevention services
- Violence treatment programs, including a 52-week Domestic Violence Intervention Program.
- Substance Abuse Services
Service Area: Santa Clara and San Mateo County
Languages: American Sign Language, English, Spanish, American Sign Language, Russian, Cambodian, Vietnamese, Total Communication
Brochure in Spanish
Eligibility: Open to everyone
Application/Referral Procedures: Use online Contact Form or, if urgent, call (408) 292-9353.
Fees: School-based services are offered to students of participating schools at no cost. Also accepts Medi-cal, private insurance and has sliding fee scale.