By submitting a volunteer application online, I understand and/or agree to the following:
- Voluntary Participation. I acknowledge that I am applying to provide the volunteer services as specified on my application to the County of Santa Clara Animal Care and Control Division.
- Medical Insurance. As a volunteer, I will not be eligible for workers compensation benefits, but may be eligible for up to $5,000 in excess medical coverage provided by the County.
- Licensure/Certification. If the Volunteer Services that I am providing involves an activity that requires licensure/certification under California Law, I will provide a copy of my license/certification to the County, and represent to County that my license/certification is current.
- Assumption of Risk. I AM AWARE THAT THE VOLUNTEER WORK I CHOOSE IS A HAZARDOUS ACTIVITY. I AM VOLUNTARILY PARTICIPATING IN THESE ACTIVITIES, OR AS THE PARENT OR LEGAL GARDIAN, AM ALLOWING THE APPLICANT TO PARTICIPATE, WITH KNOWLEDGE OF THE DANGER INVOLVED AND AGREE TO ACCEPT ANY AND ALL RISKS OF INJURY OR DEATH.
- Release. I hereby agree that I, my assignees, heirs, guardians, and legal representatives will not make a claim against or sue the County of Santa Clara, its officers, agents and employees, on account of injury or damage resulting from the negligence or other acts, however caused, by an employee, agent, or contractor of the County of Santa Clara as a result of my participation or the applicant's participation in the Volunteer Services. I hereby release the County of Santa Clara, its officers, agents and employees, from all actions, claims, or demands that I, my assignees, heirs, guardians, and legal representatives now have or may later have for injury or damage resulting from my Volunteer Services or the applicant's Volunteer Services.
- COUNTY POLICIES ON SEXUAL HARASSMENT AND DISCRIMINATION. The County of Santa Clara has a zero tolerance policy with regard to harassment and discrimination in the workplace. Employees, volunteers, vendors, visitors and others are protected from sexual harassment and other types of harassment and/or discrimination related to civil rights protections, and are expected to abide by the standards set forth in the County policy. For more information regarding the County’s Policy on Sexual Harassment and Policy against Discrimination, Harassment and Retaliation, please visit the Equal Opportunity Division website.
- Knowing and Voluntary Execution. I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THIS RELEASE AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENTS. I AM AWARE THAT THIS IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND A CONTRACT BETWEEN ME AND THE COUNTY OF SANTA CLARA AND THAT I SUBMIT MY APPLICATION OF MY OWN FREE WILL.