At the November 17th, 2020 Board of Supervisors Meeting, the Board approved new fees for the Classic hangars at San Martin Airport, and reduced fees for county tiedowns and south ramp hangars. For the full Schedule of Fees and Charges click here
Tiedown rates were reduced by half.
Tail in tiedown rates for an airplane up to 3,500 lbs reduced from $117.00 to $58.50.
Taxi in tiedown rate for an airplane up to 3,500 lbs reduced from $147.50 to $73.75
South Ramp Hangar rates were reduced from a range of $0.716 to $0.839 per square foot per month to a flat rate of $0.60 per square foot per month.
Small T-Hangar on H & I rows with rate code F5 reduced from $655.00 to $549.00
Med T-Hanager on G & Hrows with rate code F8 reduced from $797.00 to $668.00
Large T-Hangar on I & J rows with rate code F13 reduced from $994.50 to $833.50
Small Box Hangars on row G with rate code I1 reduced from $1,578.50 to $1,217.50
Large Box Hangars on row G with rate code I2 reduced from $2,494.50 to $1,784.00
Are you curious about the rate code for your hangar? Click this link
, then click on your hangar to see the details.
Hangar Fees 12/12/20-12/31/2021 (click image)
Classis Hangar Q&A
- Am I responsible for hangar repairs in my hangar?
- No, the County as the owner of the hangar, is responsible for hangar repairs. If there is something that you want to be addressed, please enter the request in our online system.
- How do I know how much to pay?
- The County will send an invoice each month. It usually goes out the last week of the month. It is important to note that you are expected to pay your hangar rent by the first day of each month regardless of an invoice.
- How much is my first month's rent?
- We ask that you pay the entire month's rent for your hangar. You can find your rate code here and then the monthly rent here. You will see a pro-rata credit on your first invoice from the County for the difference between the first of the month and the start date of your rental (Dec. 12, 2020). We prefer to handle the payment this way so that the accounting department can ensure all the calculations are handled correctly. If you are unhappy with this, you are welcome to figure out the pro-rata rent yourself and submit that as the December payment. However, the accounting department will verify your calculations and address any discrepancies on your next invoice.
- How can I pay my rent?
- You may mail the check to 2500 Cunningham Ave, San Jose, CA 95148 or you can call airport operations at 408-918-7700 and pay with your credit card.
- What sort of things are you looking for during a hangar inspection?
- Do I need hangar keepers liability insurance?
- I have a Phase 1 hangar and want to move it off the airport. Can I do this?
- Yes, you can but you must move the hangar prior to December 12th and you can not interfere with any other hangar's usability. A permit from the County planning may also be necessary.
- Will you charge for hangar electricity
- Many of the hangars have electrical meters in them. At this time we do not intend to bill individual hangar tenants for their electrical use. However, we may re-evaluate that decision in the future.