The County of Santa Clara Animal Care & Control Division provides animal control field services to the unincorporated areas of Santa Clara County including the Stanford Campus. Animal Control Officers are available 7 days a week and are dispatched from our field office in San Martin from 8 am from 4:30 pm. For emergency services after hours when the office is closed and on holidays, please call 911.
The County of Santa Clara County Animal Care & Control Division can assist in the following:
- Pick up confined, stray domestic animals
- Patrol for stray, roaming domestic animals
- Investigate animal bites
- Investigate animal abuse and neglect, including domestic animals and livestock
- Investigate dangerous dog complaints
- Pick up injured, stray domestic animals
- Investigate domestic animal nuisance complaints
- Assist with injured wildlife
- Pick up deceased animals within County jurisdiction and all expressways within Santa Clara County
Please contact the field services office to report any of the above concerns.
County of Santa Clara County
Animal Care & Control Division
Field Services Office
80 W. Highland Avenue, Building K
San Martin, CA 95046
Fax (408) 683-4247
For nuisance wildlife concerns please call:
- County of Santa Clara Vector Control at (408) 918-4770 or visit their website here.
For injured or endangered wildlife please call:
- California Department of Fish & Wildlife at (707) 944-5500
- Wildlife Center of Silicon Valley at (408) 929-9453 or visit their website here.
- Wildlife Education and Rehabilitation Center at (408) 779-9372 or visit their website here.