Since 2005 the Mental Health Services Act (MHSA) Stakeholder Leadership Committee (SLC) has been in place to provide input and to advise the County Behavioral Health Services Department (BHSD) in its MHSA planning and implementation activities. The MHSA SLC serves as the BHSD’s primary advisory committee for MHSA activities. The MHSA SLC consists of representatives of various stakeholder groups, including consumers, family members and underserved cultural communities. The MHSA SLC members review, comment and provide input on MHSA plans and annual updates. MHSA SLC meetings serve as a forum to assure wide-ranging representation in the MHSA community planning process. All MHSA SLC meetings are open to the public and allow for public comment. Throughout the year, the MHD holds MHSA SLC meetings to discuss MHSA related business and programs.
FY16 MHSA Annual Update Planning Process:
In December 2015, the County Behavioral Health Services Department (BHSD) completed the County’s FY16 MHSA Annual Update community planning process. Thank you to all who participated in the planning process. Please visit www.sccmhd.org/mhsa
to access the Annual Update meeting presentations and the approved MHSA plan.
August 2016 MHSA Stakeholder Meeting AnnouncementThe next MHSA SLC Meeting is slated for Thursday, August 25, 2016 from 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM. The meeting will be held at the Santa Clara County Downtown Mental Health Center located at 1075 E. Santa Clara Street, San Jose, CA 95116, 2nd Floor, Training Room #4 from 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM. We hope you can join us. Should you have any questions, please contact Jeanne Moral by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. The meeting will cover the following topics:
Please send all comments/questions to email@example.com, or by fax at: (408) 885‐5789. Thank you.
- Draft Plan of three new County MHSA INN projects
- Faith Based Training and Supports INN Project
- Client and Consumer Employment INN Project
- Psychiatric Emergency Response Team (PERT) and Peer Linkage INN Project
- The final selection of the 2016 submitted INN ideas that will be developed into a new INN project
- The County’s Fiscal Year (FY) 2017 MHSA Annual Update Process
- Evaluation of the County’s MHSA programs in preparation for the County’s MHSA Three-Year Planning Process for FY2018-2020