Volunteering with the Suicide Prevention Program and Suicide and Crisis Services (SACS)
Volunteer Opportunities with the Suicide Prevention Program
- Outreach: Provide support with organizing and tabling at community events
- Speaking opportunities: share your personal story at a training or event
- Organize a Training: Set up a suicide prevention training with your organization
Volunteering with the Santa Clara County Suicide and Crisis Services (SACS)
"The only ones among you who will be really happy are those who will have sought and found how to serve."
The Santa Clara County Suicide and Crisis Services (SACS) offers an opportunity to serve others, to give back to your community, to help people in crisis who are feeling desperate. Working on the crisis line is a unique experience which will expand your own personal growth, as well as provide an invaluable service to your community.
The goal of SACS is to assist in defusing and de-escalating the crisis and helping to return the individual to his/her usual level of functioning. Services are always available in English and in several other languages through a translator.
Have you ever thought about volunteering?
The Suicide and Crisis Services needs:
- Your compassion
- Your desire to make a difference
- Your good judgment and maturity
- Your experience and common sense
- Only 4 hours of your time per week
The Suicide and Crisis Services offers:
- 80 hours of in-depth specialized training
- Ongoing training opportunities
- Clinical training for students
- 250 hours towards state licensing requirements for MFTs
- Other related community service opportunities
If you are interested in volunteering with SACS please contact Eddie Subega
, SACS Volunteer Coordinator, for further information either by phone: 1 (408) 885-6216 or e